excerpts from my novel Salt Lake, Based upon my childhood and my search for God and Acceptance.
Search This Blog
Thursday, July 7, 2011
"HOTEL"
. Their faces were all pierced, yes I am in the projects of the perfect world. I arrive at the local motel, its barely nine in the morning. Usually this place is busy with the dealers and the whores. This early they are still asleep come tonight, well I can only imagine the things I will see. The room is filthy,, with unmade beds, and unclean showers. I walk into the bathroom, when I see myself in the mirror I have changed already. My eyes no longer have the harmless look of a boy. Instead a cold gleam in inside of them, as if the water had frozen over. My eyes focus on my long brown hair, my brother had short blonde hair. I pull out the bleach. , and pour it over my head. After the long locks look like they are pure blonde I get out my knife. I clean it with bleach, washing away all the blood. I then use it to cut away as much hair as possible. It seems weird to be doing this. I feel like I am my brother, and this bothers me. My hair looks choppy I go and get my back, a razor is in there and I start to hack away at my hair once more. When I am done my hair is shorter than I have ever seen it. I pour more bleach on and step in to the shower. The water looks the color of rust, it obviously hasn’t been used in ages. I start to wash off. I look down at the floor, blood is mixing with the soap suds. ,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment